22 June 2008

Addresses

A few weeks ago I asked my contact at the University about receiving mail. I was wondering if it was more reliable to use the University address or my apartment address. In response I received a Word document with way more options and info than I had anticipated, but here's the summary...

Best mailing address to use:
Erica Mielke
Universidad de la Sierra Sur (Centro de Idiomas)
Calle Cielo No. 7
Col. Lomas del Creston
Oaxaca CP 68040
MEXICO

Letters take between 1.5 weeks and 2 months to arrive! On the off chance that anyone is planning to send a package, it's a good idea to track the package, but DON'T use registered mail. Apparently anything that requires a signature will be held in a post office that's really hard to access...

My physical address in Miahuatlán:
416 Benito Juarez Apt 5
Miahuatlán de Porfirio Díaz
Oaxaca, CP 70800

Once I get settled in I am planning to have a cell phone, but I'm not sure about international calling yet. You can expect a future post with phone info...

No comments: