10 October 2008

Tread lightly...

Today marks 3 months since my arrival in Mexico. It's a cold and rainy day. When I poked my head out onto my balcony to confirm that I needed to wear my raincoat, I saw a very sad sight. A little hummingbird was laying on my table, its beautiful body cold and lifeless.

Mike, my ever-positive co-worker, told me it's a bad sign, and I'd better tread lightly today. I'm not a huge believer in bad luck, apart from my firm belief that you must maintain eye contact when you touch glasses to "cheers" someone... I prefer to believe that we create our own "luck" by the choices we make and the expectations we have. But still, on such a chilly and dreary day, it's probably a good idea to tread lightly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Official word from your momma, it is a sad thing the bird died ....but that is all it is, not a sign not an omen not a potent of things to come, just sad that a really beautiful bird was dead on your table.

Other than that, nice pics and glad to hear your are busy doing what you went there to do (besides travelling of course)....it is good to be busy doing the things you love.

Miss you, counting down the days without wishing away the Autumn which is my favorite as you know.

oakleyses said...

tiffany and co, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, air max, prada outlet, gucci outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags