06 February 2009

Girls' Weekend - Miahuatlán

So last weekend was officially "Girls' Weekend," and it all began with Katharina's arrival in Miahuatlán. It was her first trip to my 'hood, and unfortunately it got off to a shaky start, mostly because she arrived on a late van, and showed up in Miah when everything was dark and closed down, and even I felt sketched out waiting for her. The plan had been for us to take Katharina around town and show her where we hang out, etc, but all of the normal crew were fast asleep (Matthew, Margee, Allison: I'm pointing my finger at you!!!). We ended up having tea at the only coffee place in town, and going to sleep.

The next morning, Katharina took some fotos of Miahuatlán, while I hoped none of my students saw me playing the tourist. :) Here are a few of her shots: